Barn destroyed by fire

Published 11:29 am Thursday, August 22, 2019

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A barn was destroyed Monday night, Aug. 19, following a fire that is believed to have started by lighting. The Pamplin Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire around 11 p.m. on Little Cub Road in Pamplin. According to Pamplin Fire Chief, Shane Richardson the barn was fully involved and on the ground by the time firefighters arrived. “We had several strong storms in the area, and it appears that lighting may have been the cause of the fire,” said Richardson. According to Richardson, it took the fire department close to an hour to extinguish the blaze.