Outdoor Christmas Decorations Contest set
The Keysville Garden Club, assisted by the Keysville Ruritan Club and the Town of Keysville, is again sponsoring the “Outdoor Christmas Decorations Contest” for homes, businesses and public buildings.
Judging will include entries in the Town of Keysville and a five-mile radius of Keysville.
Judging will take place on the evening of Dec.13 at 6 p.m. Each exhibit will be judged on its own merits.
If merited, a blue, red, yellow, or white (honorable mention) ribbon may be awarded in each class. The Town of Keysville offers cash rewards for winners.
The entry categories for homes are:
1. House Overall
1. Exhibits must contain some fresh plant material.
2. Lighting is required and must be concealed
3. Judges may judge within three feet of the exhibit
4. Entries will be merit judged
5. If merited, A tri-colored rosette (red, green, and white ribbons) may be awarded to the best of the blue ribbons in each class.
6. The decision of the judges is final.
The categories for businesses are:
Class 1 Door or Window
Class 2 Building Overall
The rules for the businesses are:
1. Lighting must be used on the exhibit. Flood or spotlights may be used but not required.
2. Entries will be merit judged
3. A tri-color rosette (red, green, & white ribbons) may be awarded to the best of the blue ribbons in each class
4. The decision of the judges is final.
Call Gail George at (434) 414- 8308 to enter the home contest. All entries must be in by noon on Dec. 13.
Call the Keysville Town Office at (434)736-9551 to enter the business contest. All entries must be in by noon on Dec. 13.
Those entering homes and businesses are reminded to have all lighting needed for their exhibit turned on by 6 pm on the night of the judging and left on until the judges have had sufficient time to judge all homes and businesses and award the tri-colored ribbons.