Charlotte County to be featured on Real Virginia tv program
Next month, Virginia Farm Bureau’s Real Virginia television program will highlight Charlotte County as part of its County Close-up segment.
Each month, the feature focuses on a different Virginia county and provides an in-depth look at the area from an agricultural perspective. Burke Moeller, video producer for Farm Bureau, will interview local farmers and others to explore the role agriculture plays in the county, which sectors are most prevalent and how the industry is changing.
The most recent Census of Agriculture, conducted in 2017, found Charlotte County had a total of 460 farms on 121,667 acres, and the market value of all agricultural products sold that year was more than $25 million.
Livestock, poultry and other animal products account for 62% of all farm income. Crops make up the remaining 38%, with the major plantings in hay, forage, soybeans, wheat, corn and tobacco.
Other commodities produced in the county include vegetables, fruits, tree nuts, berries, and nursery and floriculture products.
Real Virginia airs nationwide at 3:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month on RFD-TV on Dish Network and DirecTV, and on selected cable outlets around the state.
It airs weekly on WBRA digital channel 15.2, WHRO Norfolk, WVVA Bluefield and WTKR Norfolk, and on the first and third weekends of each month on WVIR Charlottesville, WSVF Harrisonburg, WRLH Richmond and WSLS Roanoke.
Watch Real Virginia anytime online by clicking here.