Scholarship applicants sought
Published 4:39 pm Thursday, January 26, 2023
The Barksdale Cancer Foundation (BCF), is seeking applicants for its annual $1,000 scholarship, which will be given to a graduating Charlotte County student who is pursuing a career in the medical field.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must:
• Be a Charlotte County resident
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
• Be pursuing an associate or baccalaureate degree in an institute of higher learning in the medical field
• Submit an official transcript with the school seal and an authorized official’s signature
• Submit a signed application (original signature only)
• Write an essay between 250 and 500 words on the following topic: What medical field have you chosen and why?
• Provide proof of enrollment in a college or university. This can be in the form of a letter from the school stating that the student is enrolled, copy of a bill from the school, or other proof deemed acceptable by the Foundation. It is the student’s responsibility to provide this proof.
Applications are available from the guidance offices at Randolph-Henry High School, Fuqua School or via BCF’s website, www.barksdalecancerfou.wixsite.com/mysite. Completed applications should be mailed to Barksdale Cancer Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 225, Charlotte Court House, VA 23923. Applications are due on or before May 1.