Community works to rebuild home

Published 10:40 am Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A Charlotte County family’s home was destroyed by fire on Thursday, March 3.

Multiple fire departments were dispatched for water supply and manpower to extinguish the Fisher Family’s home located on 2990 Whites Chapel Road.

According to Red House Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chad Reeves, the fire started while a family member was refueling a heating source with kerosene.

Reeves said occupants were able to get out prior to the fire department’s arrival.

On Saturday, March 5, the Amish community and other county residents joined together to rebuild the home.

In addition to Red House, Phenix, Charlotte Court House, Cullen, Drakes Branch and Brookneal Fire Departments responded to the scene.