Kitchen stove blamed for house fire

Published 8:00 am Saturday, February 26, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Fire crews from Bacon District, Drakes Branch, Keysville and Chase City responded to a house fire located on Mt. Mitchell Road in Fort Mitchell on Sunday, Feb. 20 around 12:30 p.m. According to Bacon District Volunteer Fire Department Chief Will Stembridge the fire was started by a kitchen stove. When crews arrived on scene it was believed there may have been an individual still inside the home. The 94 year old occupant of the home was later found down the road and was safe.