Keysville Outdoor Christmas Decorations Contest
Published 10:00 am Friday, November 26, 2021
The Keysville Garden Club and the Keysville Ruritan Club are again sponsoring the “Outdoor Christmas Decorations Contest” for homes, businesses and public buildings. Judging will include the Town of Keysville and a five-mile radius of Keysville.
Judging will take place on the evening of Dec. 7 at 6 p.m. Each exhibit will be judged on its own merits. A blue, red, yellow or white (honorable mention) ribbon may be awarded in each class if merited. The judges are from out of town.
The entry categories for homes are:
1. House Overall
2. Door or Window
1. Exhibits must contain some fresh plant material.
2. Lighting is required and must be concealed.
3. Judges may judge within three feet of exhibit.
4. Entries will be merit judged.
5. A tri-color rosette (red, green and white ribbons) may be awarded to the best of the blue ribbons in each class if merited.
6. The decision of the judges is final.
The categories for businesses are:
1. Door or Window
2. Building Overall
The rules for businesses are:
1. Lighting must be used on the exhibit. Flood or spotlights are not required.
2. Entries will be merit judged.
3. A tri-color rosette (red, green, and white ribbons) may be awarded to the best of the blue ribbons in each class.
4. The decision of the judges is final.
To enter the home contest, call Velda Agee at (434) 736-9217. All entries must be in by Dec. 7 before noon.
To enter the business contest, call Diane Hailey at the Keysville Town Office, (434) 736-9551. All entries must be in by Dec. 7 before noon.
Those entering homes or businesses are reminded to have all lighting needed for their exhibit turned on by 6 p.m. on the night of the judging and left on until the judges have had sufficient time to judge all homes and businesses and award the tri-color ribbons.