Keysville outdoor Christmas decorations contest
The Keysville Garden Club and the Keysville Ruritan Club are again sponsoring the Outdoor Christmas Decorations Contest for homes, businesses and public buildings.
Judging will include the Town of Keysville and within a 5-mile radius of Keysville.
Judging will take place on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. Each exhibit will be judged on its own merits. A blue, red, yellow, or white (honorable mention) ribbon may be awarded in each class if merited.
The entry categories for homes are:
1. House Overall
2. Door or Window
1. Exhibits must contain some fresh plant material
2. Lighting is required and must be concealed
3. Judges may judge within three feet of exhibit
4. Entries will be merit judged.
5. A tri-color rosette may be awarded to the best of the blue ribbons in each class if merited.
6. The decision of the judges is final.
The categories for businesses are:
Class 1. Door or Window
Class 2. Building Overall
The rules for businesses are:
1. Lighting must be used
2. Entries will be merit judged
3. A tri-color rosette may be awarded to the best of the blue ribbons in each class
4. The decision of the judges is final
To enter the home contest, call Velda Agee (434) 736-9217. All entries must be in by December 8 before noon.
To enter the business contest, call Merrianne Dixon (434) 736-8431. All entries must be in by December 8 before noon.
Those entering homes or businesses are reminded to have all lighting needed for their exhibit turned on by 6 p.m. on the night of the judging and left on until the judges have had sufficient time to judge all homes and businesses and award the tri-color ribbons.