R-H Athletic Boosters award scholarships
Published 3:16 pm Wednesday, June 10, 2020
There have not been any ball games, crowds or concession stands open since the beginning of March, but that did not stop the Randolph-Henry High School (R-H) Athletic Boosters from continuing to support their athletes.
Eight graduating seniors were chosen to receive the 2020 Randolph-Henry High School Athletic Boosters Scholarship. These students have juggled a full-time academic schedule, practices, games, community involvement and employment, while maintaining a good academic standing. The scholarship recipients for this year were as follows.
- Winfield Layne, veteran of R-H golf, scholastic bowl, baseball — will be attending Virginia Tech, engineering department.
- Pearl Sandridge, veteran of R-H tennis, volleyball — will be attending Virginia Tech, focusing on elementary education.
- Carson Gibbs, veteran of R-H basketball, baseball — will be attending Averett University, focusing on sports management and administration business management.
- Elizabeth Walker, veteran of R-H tennis, scholastic bowl, cross country — will be attending Gardner-Webb University, focusing on American Sign Language.
- McCullen Overton, veteran of R-H cross country, track and field, baseball — will be attending Virginia Tech, focusing on environmental horticulture.
- Colby Jordan, veteran of R-H baseball — will be attending Chowan University, focusing on exercise science.
- Vicie Southall, veteran of R-H volleyball — will be attending Sylvain Melloul International Hair Academy.
- Alyssa Rapole, veteran of R-H softball — will be attending Longwood University, focusing on speech pathology.
The R-H Athletic Booster Club is a volunteer organization dedicated to enhancing and promoting the student athletes at Randolph-Henry High School. The club’s goal is to help improve the sporting experience for all involved.