Centra implements caregiver mask policy
Published 2:02 pm Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Centra implemented a caregiver mask policy Friday, April 3.
This policy should be considered fluid as the pandemic spreads, the CDC updates their guidelines and as Centra monitors current supply. The following guidelines have been implemented –
- All Centra caregivers, who have direct contact with patients, will receive a surgical face mask regardless of location.
- All patients coming into Centra facilities who have symptoms suggestive of possible COVID-19, including cough, will be given a surgical mask.
- All other patients/ visitors will receive a cotton face mask.
- All caregivers who are still reporting to a Centra facility for work, even if not patient facing, are encouraged to wear a cloth face covering, which can consist of homemade cotton masks, handkerchiefs, bandanas or scarves.
The use of simple cloth face coverings can slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus, and do not know it, from transmitting it to others.
Due to the expanded CDC guidelines, Centra will continue to accept handmade cloth masks. Drop-off locations with bins clearly marked are located at the following facilities;
- George and Rosemary Dawson Inn-front entrance, under the awning
- Bedford Memorial Hospital- front entrance, clearly marked in a red bin
- Southside Community Hospital- main entrance
- Gretna Medical Center- primary care front desk.