Pageant postponed until next year
Published 9:35 am Wednesday, November 28, 2018
The Miss Charlotte County Pageant 2019, originally set for Nov. 17, was canceled after low interest in the county.
“The pageant has been canceled for this year, but this year only,” said Director Alene Crews. “We will have it next year. We just did not have enough participants, girls interested in having it this year, but next year we will go full force.”
The Miss Charlotte County pageant has been a long-standing tradition in the county.
Last year, Miss Charlotte County 2018 featured 34 participants who were involved in the event.
The pageant, typically held in November of each year at the Randolph-Henry High School Auditorium, is a fundraiser for the Randolph-Henry Band Boosters.
“We are not giving up the pageant,” said Crews.
Randolph-Henry High School Principal Shep Critzer also said the event was canceled for this year due to low participation, “however, the Randolph-Henry Band Boosters plan on working to increase participation interest and hold the event next fall as usual.”
The pageant is usually open to girl 5-21 who reside in Charlotte County or attend Charlotte County Public Schools.
A press release announcing the pageant originally said the pageant usually has five divisions, including Tiny Miss Charlotte County, ages 5-grade 2; Junior Miss Charlotte County, grades 3-5; Miss Central Middle School, grades 6-8, Miss Randolph-Henry, grades 9-11 and Miss Charlotte County, grades 12-age 21 as of July 31, 2018.
Last year’s Miss Charlotte County 2018 winners included Emily Gosney, Tiny Miss Charlotte County; Makayla Seamster, Junior Miss Charlotte County; Carleigh Paige Shook, Miss Central Middle School; Lilian Carrie Jubb, Miss Randolph-Henry High School and Ariana Erickson, Miss Charlotte County.
More information concerning plans for Miss Charlotte County 2020 will be made public as it becomes available.