Bacon District officials determine cause of Saxe housefire
Published 2:01 pm Tuesday, September 19, 2023
We now know that lighting caused a home at 2526 Hebron Church Road in Saxe to catch fire on Tuesday, Sept. 13. According to Bacon District Fire Department Chief Will Stembridge, an elderly lady was at home at the time the fire broke out but was able to escape the home uninjured. In addition to Bacon District, fire departments from Drakes Branch, Keysville, Charlotte Court House, Chase City, Clover and Scottsburg responded along with the Charlotte County Rescue Squad. According to Stembridge, over 50 firefighters and 10 EMS personnel responded to the scene.