Sunday morning fire leaves family home destroyed

Published 8:00 am Friday, January 21, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A family of three in the Phenix community has lost their home following a Sunday morning, Jan. 16, structure fire. According to Phenix Volunteer Fire Department Chief Walt Bailey, departments responded to the home at 605 Cedar Grove Road around 9 a.m. The fire started in the back of the home as a chimney fire that spread to the attic. No injuries were reported, but the home has been deemed a total loss. In addition to Phenix Volunteer Fire Department, firefighters from Red House and Charlotte Court House also responded.