Business closed for two days following fire

Published 12:15 pm Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

The Keysville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a dryer fire at the Keysville Coin Laundry at 333 Railroad Avenue on Tuesday, Jan.7, around 10:49 a.m.

According to Keysville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Lynn Duffey the cause of the fire is believed to be a dryer that overheated, causing the clothes that were in the dryer to catch fire.

Duffey said there was damage to two dryers and a portion of the ceiling.

The business was closed for two days while repairs were made. Drakes Branch and Meherrin Volunteer Fire Departments both responded.